Purpose of box: To assist in the spiritual practice of asking for what we want and/or expressing our gratitude for what we have.
The box is a receptacle for your written wishes and your written thank you notes. Although writing would be the easiest form for most people, expressions may also be symbolic, i.e.....a picture you drew or found, or a symbolic tiny object. I encourage that you use your box on a daily basis! You will receive clarity, and a new sense of gratitude.
Though any box would do, a box that you have made carries your own special “ju-ju”! I believe your communication with that which is greater than you, ought always to be on a personal level!:)
- Choose your box....I am using a 6 ¾” diameter round paper mache box. I purchased at Hobby Lobby. (If you want your box to be round and cannot find the supplies, you may order a kit from me so long as my supply lasts. Just drop me a note)
- Choose your paper...For the sample size, you will need two 12x12 medium weight scrapbook paper.
- Paint all surfaces of the inside of the box as well as the lid. I used one coat of gesso. After it’s dry, I followed with one coat of Golden Acrylic, and because I like a layered look, I followed with a coat of Lumiere’ in close to the same color. Allow to dry!
- Draw the outline of the upper and lower round with a pencil on one sheet of your paper and then cut it out...I find that large scissors work better than small ones.
- Glue the cut out round to the top lid and the bottom of the box. Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate works well. Spread glue thinly and evenly! Smooth paper with the palm of your hand so no bubbles form.
- Measure outside height of box and also the lid and mark your second sheet of paper accordingly. Cut out.
- Glue the strips...there will be 2 for the box, and 2 for the lid which you will allow to overlap. Use the same careful approach as for the rounds.
Congratulations! You are done with the hard part!
- Choose a round design....Handle by the edges only...and cut it out carefully
- Paint the edges by drawing a catseye stamp along just the edges. Allow to dry 5 minutes or so before gluing to the top of your lid
- Choose ribbon and using Fabri-tac, glue on outside edge of lid
- Decorate the rest of the box! Don’t forget the inside of the box, as well as the inside of the lid. PLAY! Have fun!
- Don’t forget to USE your box! By the way, they would make great gifts.:)